Futureskills is a program for people struggling to learn the new aged skills like Big Data, AI, Blockchain. This is a comprehensive platform which is designed by NASSCOM of India which helps IT professionals transform their career. Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Feb 19, 2018. The NASSCOM backed program believes that The IT-ITeS industry is in the middle of a massive disruption since emerging technologies are changing the future of work.
Nearly 4.5 m people employed in the industry today and about 1.5 – 2 m requires reskilling in the next 1-2 years. The problem is too large to be handled alone and needs a collaborative industry-level response. This industry-driven learning Eco-system is FutureSkills.
Things to note about Futureskills program:
- The platform is developed by EdCast which is an AI-Powered Knowledge Cloud for Unified Discovery, Knowledge Management, and Personalized Learning.
- The idea is to use the existing content available on web, curate it and get it delivered through global Learning and content providers. It has over 1000+ hrs of FREE content curated from platforms like YouTube, Ted, DataCamp, Pinterest etc
- There are 10 Skills covered for this initiative and they are: Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Social & Mobile, Virtual Reality, Cloud Computing, 3D Printing, BlockChain, Big Data Analytics & Robotic Process Automation
- Currently, it is Phase 1 and courses/modules are available through NASSCOM member IT & ITES companies like TCS, Cognizant, Google, Oracle, Adobe, IBM, Accenture, Genpact, Mindtree, Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra etc,
- A special interest group of these companies has contributed to content and modules these people are visible in your dashboard, of course, you select after completion of the module or skill you will get a certificate.
So if you are working for any of these companies go and log on through them or just inquire with them when are they enabling it for you. In Phase 2 they will go directly to all of us and may be there exist a nominal fees to upkeep the platform but courses would be free.
This is definitely would bring positive change in the Indian IT Industry.
To get to their website: here is the link: https://futureskillsnasscom.edcast.com/ On the right side bottom it reads “Note: Subscription to FutureSkills is limited to NASSCOM member firms in the current phase. It will be open to individual subscribers and non-members in Phase 2.”